I haven't been blogging, I've been slaving. Slave, esclavo, sklave, schiavo, slaaf, escravo, 奴隶, 奴隷. That's right. The past few weeks my whole existance can be explained by that five, sometimes more or less depending on the language, letter word. Gosh, now I know how Cinderella felt -- "Lauren do this", "Lauren do that", "Lauren get me some water", "I'm hungry, make me some food"...
...(entering dream sequence)...feed the dogs, do the dishes, go swimming with your sister, walk the dog, mow the lawn, make lunch, make dinner, clean my room, do the dishes, vaccuum the house, dust, quit playing the piano, find a job, get me some popsicles, pick this up, run this to the post office, get alli off to school, do the dishes...
No, that is not some sick nightmare, that is my life.
In the past week I have constantly been cleaning:
the kitchen
this room
the dining room
the living room
and (unphotographed) the other living/piano room, the guest room, alli's room, the study, and the entire upstairs (my room).
There has also been one other unfortunate job that has been thrust upon me, but I think that one will have to be saved for another post...
12 comments:
Hahaha! Lauren! You're the only one who can make slavery sound so hilarious.
Was that politically insensitive and incorrect to say? Oh well..
Good work.
elle.....you are one funny chick. but where is the picture of the wicked step mother on her knee machine?? :)
And just think, if you had done what normal people do out of college and found a job, you wouldn't be a slave! See how that works?
Hi honey....you spelled "vacuum" wrong! And could you get me a diet coke...
love, mommy dearest
helllllllllo. love the blog... as usual.. .DANG you have a NICE A house.... maybe i can over xmas? visit my american parents perhaps? my parents have informed me that i am not allowed to go back to taiwan this xmas as they will not be there to entertain me as everyone has to work and there is no time to play as i am an adult now. ANYWAY... i think i saw something that caught my attention as to your future career situation... we will have to talk about it on the phone though. i wil call you. love you. bye.
calli, i regret to inform you, she is actually my wicked mother, not step mother.
Lauren!!
It sounds like things are pretty rough at your house and you need a break.....can i say hand and foot time?!?!?
Love,
your only friend in OK
I like that you were told to QUIT playing the piano. I'm so glad others realize the awfulness of your piano-playing attempts.
Nuttall you crack me up so much. I miss you! I love keeping updated on your life through blog world, as pathetic as that may sound. Come visit me in Washington? I'll help you find a job here.
monica...you can definitely come for christmas! the slave, er, daughter should have the place really clean by then!
hey cuz, looks like it's a hard knock life -
found your blog off your facebook (just checking up on you - )
Your life is so hard. I feel horrible for you.
Post a Comment