September 17, 2008

M is for Modeling/Monster

I've created a monster. The other day I wanted to use my old camera, actually my moms old camera, a Canon AE-1. I've had it since I did photojournalism in high school. Might I add that I was one of the best sports photographers at Tomball High! Anyways, I haven't used it in forever and have essentially forgotten what a majority of the settings were, its not automatic so I couldn't just point and shoot but had to pick the f-stop and focus and everything. It was fun trying to figure it out again, but it has been half a decade and I think I've lost my touch. It was weird going to the store to drop off film, and having the suspense of not knowing AT ALL what the pictures I was going to pick up would look like. Aunt Cathy was baffled that people still even used film.


Back to the monster I created, I had to have something I wanted pictures of, I didn't want 24 images of landscape, so I told Alli that she was going to have a fashion show/modeling shoot. She pulled out her princess dresses, jewels and did her own hair and make-up and then we went to the back yard. I have never laughed so hard as I did when she started doing poses. I want everyone to know, I did not even once pose this child or tell her what to do. But I got everything from arms outstretched, to struts, to pouted lips, to smiling faces. It was way fun.


Here are some pics I took. The quality and sharpness isn't as good as the original because I scanned them in and the scanner wasn't workin too well and made the edges of some of the photos weird, so they are all cropped a lot. Feel free to come over and see the originals! Enjoy!





Below is Sampson T. Nuttall


Any ideas for the next shoot?
Love Lauren

9 comments:

Meredith said...

I so would have loved to tackle her into the pool!! And what does the "T." stand for in Sam's name?

Rachel F. said...

Yeah, photos of you working at your new job..

Ha!

jk love

Taylor said...

The "T" stands for Taylor, since I am is favorite and he is my best friend. Not to mention he's totally cool, so naturally should be named after me.

Jamie Curtis said...

lauren, you are so talented! i love your little sister and i haven't even met her. she reminds me of me when i was little...i loved the camera. haha!

Logan Tanner said...

Those are actually some pretty stellar shots. I like the first one and the one with here kneeling the most. Good work pal!

Logan Tanner said...

Caliginous? Beautiful. I love that word. Thanks for teaching me something new today buddy!

Logan Tanner said...

You're life is so exciting, but somehow I feel like I'm reading the same post everyday, almost like you haven't up....oh, thats right. You haven't updated. Snap sizzle.

critts said...

so cute!

Calene said...

oh. my. goodness. the pursed lips are too much to handle! She's been watching too much tv. :)