"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."
That is the pledge of allegiance to the Texas state flag. I used to have to say that every morning after the pledge of allegiance to the US.
I love Texas.
I forgot how much until I went down there last week to help watch my cousins adorable one year old, Marc, because she just had a baby.
Here is Abigail with her grandma, Cathy.
Me entertaining Marc, or vice versa.
Little Marc loves cell phones. Here he is with his mom, my cousin Stephanie, playing on my cell phone.
While I was in Dallas, I also got to hang out with my friend from Jerusalem--Mitch Murdock. We had a fun time and the most entertaining, yet stressful, cooking experience. I didn't take any pictures, but I do have one from when he visited at my house and stayed in Alli's room. This photo is creepy. Only few will understand the meaning behind this photo.
Now I'm back in Oklahoma taking care of my mother who just had surgery on her ACL on Friday. Basically, instead of getting a job, I've been a professional caretaker for the past few weeks. Haven't been getting paid, but have been provided with food, housing, and the necessities of life.
Love Lauren
PS - I'm missing my "besteez" like crazy. (Allie, imagine yourself photoshopped into this picture)
2 comments:
Ok I'm afraid to ask... but what do you mean by "stressful" cooking experience?
I love Mitch. That picture is beautiful. How could you not take more photos in Dallas. Boo.
You look so fancy free. Also, Im buying a Ken doll tonight and stealing this picture idea.
Post a Comment