June 7, 2008

U is for Update

Sorry guys, long time no update.

I love Jerusalem! It's been amazing here! I've been able to do so much. Here is a brief update of what has been going on. We went to Galilee for ten days and it was absolutely wonderful! We went all over the place in the Galilee and swam in the sea of Galilee. Brief places that I remember going are Caesarea, Mt. Tabor, Nimrod's Castle, seeing a 2000 year old boat, Mount of Beatitudes, and the Galilee Branch of church. We have been to soo many places, those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

The other day we had a really exciting field trip, we went to Masada, walked around there and saw one of Herod's castles. It was pretty cool. We then went and floated in the Dead Sea and found mud and put it all over ourselves, not going to lie, it wasn't that fun and with open cuts the it breached being painful, but it was all worth it for the crazy pictures we took. We then went to Ein Gedi, the spot where David hid from Saul. There were amazing waterfalls there -- so pretty! After that we went to Qumran, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. It was then we found out how much of a baller our professor is--he is a master of Israeli things and Hebrew and helped to translate one of the scrolls. Amazing. Anyways.

Here are pics. Enjoy!

Love Lauren

heidi, me, and allie at masada


floating in the Dead Sea

ethiopian women, we let our hair down, literally

ashley, me, dr. seeley, and heidi and qumran

random pic, me and allie overlooking the dome of the rock, mount scopus and the mount of olives, if you look to the top left, the "mormon university" is cascading down the top

and no worries folks, they have diet coke in israel, boo yah

7 comments:

Ted said...

Lauren, I can't believe that you didn't post any pictures of me on your blog. Our "break" has had me realize that things will never work out between us. I am filing the divorce papers as we speak.

Carolyn said...

YEAAA!! Finally, a photo, and some sort of update! I hate it when you leave for so long!

love, mom

critts said...

I'm so glad they have diet coke and you don't have to do without! Looks like y'all are having fun!

Taylor said...

you have hot friends, hook me up

Meredith said...

taylor is so vain.

Castle Bath Body Spa said...

I just adore the Dead Sea- I wish i could float in it too:-)

Castle Bath Body Spa said...

I'm sorry to hear what Ted had to say- hopefully all is well. No you don't know me- i just stumbled on to your blog.