My darling friend, Ashley Q, has the best bran muffin recipe ever. Not only are these bran muffins delicious, but they are filled with fiber--approx. 9 grams per serving -- maybe I'm making that up, I can't remember. Point being, they contain a lot of fiber. After reading my friend Logan's post, I decided this week to finally make the muffins and let him try one to see if they help. And let me tell you, these babies are miracle workers. Logan is forever indebted to me.
To all my dear readers, here is the recipe:
1 cup water
3 cups 100% bran
1/2 cube of butter-melted
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups buttermilk
Boil 1 cup water in microwave for 1 minute, then add the 3 cups of bran and the 1/2 cube of melted butter to the water and mix (set aside to let bran soften).In a seperate bowl mix together the remaining ingredients. Then add the bran/butter/water mix to the remaining mix and mix them together. Poor into greased muffin tins.
Cook at 375 degrees for approx. 15 minutes (sometimes it takes longer)
Love Lauren
March 6, 2008
B is for Bran Muffins
Posted by Lauren at 10:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
This girl ain't lying! These muffins will go through you like a laser! And ooooo how yummy to boot (if you're into dry, heavy, difficult to chew foods.)
I take that back; they are actually quite moist. Thats the paradox about them: moist, but heavy like a bag of hammers.
Just wanted to let everyone know that I wasn't feeling regular this morning so I just LOOKED at Lauren's muffin and it got my mill runnin' right.
Thanks NBMs! (Nuttall's Bran Muffins)
B is also for Brynn. The original "B", I will have you know. :) :) :) :)
update your blog slacker!!
Dont make me tell you again...UPDATE YOUR BLOG!IM BORED.
One comment every day until you update...
I happen to know you're not doing anything at this moment. Post about pita chips. Mmmm...
B is also for Brandt incidentally.
Post a Comment