August 5, 2009

E is for Engaged

Well, I've been a horrible blogger and this announcement is long past due, but as of October 9th, I will be Lauren Guynn. Weird, I've been a Nuttall my whole life, I don't know about this whole name transition (no worries, I will not hyphenate).



Mr. Edward Bradley Guynn and I were engaged on Monday, July 13 in New York City. To be honest, I knew it was coming. Then again, he did wait till the last day of my two week visit in New York -- that threw me off quite a bit. Here's how it happened:

Well, the story ranges in what was told, but it all starts off with Auntie Cathy dropping me off in the city as she went to pick up Uncle Gary (let it be known that Cathy did exclaim that day that she thought I would get engaged that night - pure intuition). I met Bradley outside his office and we walked down to Del Frisco's, where we had an AMAZING dinner. The real truth is that he couldn't wait any longer and proposed between the appetizer and the main course, exclaiming "Would you like this to be your last dinner as my girlfriend, or the first as my fiance?" And of course I excitedly chose the fiance option (which was a good thing because that's the only date, other than phone dates, that I've had with my fiance). He had picked the ring out himself and it is BEAUTIFUL and everything I wanted. He did an awesome job! After dinner we walked around for a little bit and then strolled up to the Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center), where he origionally was going to propose, and where he proposed to me for the second time. We enjoyed the view and then caught a train back to CT to celebrate with friends and family.



So now here I am planning a wedding. The date was set last week to October 9th. I now realize why people have long engagements, but it's ok, I'm not too worried about it. I think the hardest part has been trying to decide on colors! Well, and find modest bridesmaid dresses. Lucky for me I have tons of help!


Brad created us a new blog and we are transitioning this one over. You can access it at http://web.me.com/brad.guynn/Site/All_About_Us/All_About_Us.html.


Love Lauren

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

YEA!! I am so glad you announced it!

critts said...

FINALLY! I am so excited! I cannot wait for you to come visit tomorrow. Fun wedding planning to do! I do promise to leave you alone once Brad gets into town so get here early.

mrs. farlanderz said...

congrats and best wishes - we are so excited for you guys!

mrs. farlanderz said...

congrats and best wishes - we are so excited for you guys!

Kara M. said...

Wahoo! I've been waiting to hear the story! That's very exciting!! The name transition is a bit weird, but eventually you get use to it....It's weird though to hear people call you Sister Guynn or Mrs. Guynn. You'll wonder who they are talking to for the first 3 months or so. :)

Courtney Kay said...

I'm glad you finally posted the story. Congratulations again, and good luck with all the wedding planning!

Rachel F. said...

Love the story! Love the pictures! Love Del Friscos! Love Top of the Rock! Love Lauren Guynn! Ahh... So excited.

Rachel F. said...

P.S. Uhh that blog is a bit too fancy for me... Can I get the feed from it in my Google Reader? I may need a tutorial..