April 11, 2009

E is for Easter

Happy Easter to all! I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter day! Today we spent the day cooking and colorign eggs (while I wasn't working at Banana). Alli and I made some wickedly awesome dyed eggs.




At BYU, my friend Michon and her family had a tradition of around Thanksgiving having a "Thanksgiving dinner" with all the college kids. It was named "Fakesgiving". 2007 was my first Fakesgiving and I loved it so much I wanted it to be there sooner. Around Easter 2008, they were wanting to start an "Easter dinner" tradition and looking for a catchy name. And that is how Feaster came around. We started planning weeks and weeks ahead of time and this event was greatly anticipated by myself and others. But then the worst thing imaginable happened. Well I guess not the worst, but one of the things I hate the most -- the flu. Feaster finally came around and instead of enjoying a delicious meal with friends, I was by myself, miserable, and upchucking all day.


*****WARNING graphic/hideous picture below*****






Me being miserable from the flu and missing feaster :(


Alas, I have yet to experience Feaster. Maybe one day. Well friends, take care and don't be too envious of this awesome yellow Easter dress I bought at Banana today! :)



Love Lauren

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Alli looks so proud of her eggs. And yes, that is a VERY graphic/hideous picture!!

Adrianne said...

the dress is cute, but like i said-i need to see it on. and i miss coloring easter eggs with alli!!

Logan Tanner said...

And can I just say, not meaning to sound completely gay or anything, that even though you think that picture is hideous, look at how incredible your hair color is. So vibrant. Hoorah!